Monday, January 9, 2012

The Bunny Diaries Day 2

I feel like the worst is yet to come. Could it seriously be going this smooth?!? I know she is old enough in comparison to others who have kicked the habit, but she is also only 2 1/2. She is still my baby!
Last night I didn't hear a peep from them, after they finally fell asleep, of course. But there was no crying, no whining, no temper tantrum. Just me at 3am, finding it difficult to fall back asleep after the dogs woke me up. Maybe I had just overly prepared myself for a rough night. And of course, when it feels like I finally fell asleep, Wonderful Husband's alarm goes off. I am sure I got more than a half hour of sleep, but it certainly felt that way.
Little Miss O even slept in. Came out of her room carrying the Bunny, but never mentioned the missing piece. Even for nap, she went to her room, without mention of the missing pacifier. After nap she did bring out Bunny and mentioned a few times that something had been cut off.
As the 'avoid the subject' type of person, when she lifted her Bunny and said something to me along with the scissor hand motion, I looked at her and said, "Is Bunny dirty, do we need to wash him?"
She would scowl at me then hold Bunny close and would mention something cut off the Bunny for at least a half hour.
Now we are on night 2. And I must say, WE ARE ROCKING THIS!
Of course I may have jinxed myself, but I think I am far enough in to this that I am not afraid. Yesterday I was afraid, today, I feel invincible. Well not really invincible, but I am loving that the Bunny theory that I had from the beginning worked.
Who has two thumbs and is happy? This momma!

2 comments: