Monday, December 6, 2010

The First

I have thought about blogging for a while now. I think the idea of a journal for people to read is a little weird. But the other day, My Big Girl J said something that made me realize I should keep better track of this stuff. Even if no one reads it. I can journal the memories to remind me.
This weekend was a bit on the crazy side. Hubby wanted to go golfing, kind of a we don't ever get to do this in december sort of way. But I had been wanting to take the girls to the library for the gingerbread house workshop. I figured, whatever my girls are well behaved and I can take them by myself if I want to. So I told him to enjoy himself. I think he saw that I was bummed we wouldn't be spending the day together so he suggested we go to eat breakfast with Santa. Sounds great! So we wake up early get the girls all prettied up for pictures with Santa and head of to the local high school. As we are parking, my Big Girl J, with a wonderful memory, asks daddy, "Are those people being stupid?"
To let you know how big my eyes got let me refer to the day prior at the library where this stupid lady was in the crowded and small parking lot in her oversized SUV, blocking the parking spot I was ready to park in. In my frustration of sitting there waiting, her not moving, then being able to see her throwing up her hands and mouthing words to me, like I was in her way. For the record I was not blocking an open parking space so I had no clue what she wanted to do. I gave up on trying to figure her out and pulled into a small parking spot and apparently refered to her as 'stupid people who can't park' out loud and not in my head as I may have thought.
Back to the high school parking lot. Where there are cars parked but nobody else driving around looking for a spot at the same time as us. We had just pulled into a good spot as those words were spoken so clearly. My mouth clinched, my eyes widened and I looked forward. I could tell he was staring at me. Then she asked again. I looked at my Husband and he said, "She didn't get that from me."
I then tried to substitute the 's' word for silly. As she said it a few more times and louder as we got out of the car. Santa was also getting out of his car and I don't know if he heard her, but at least when she saw him she got excited and waved.

3 comments:

  1. she is like a human sponge! I cant wait to hear more stories (and maybe see pictures!)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow! I am a year behind in reading your new blog! I have to catch up fast!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I am glad you decided to involve us before you had too many more posts under you belt. It would have taken me FOREVER to catch up! Luckily, I know most of these stories anyway.

    ReplyDelete